Wow! A fellow children’s writer/teacher/blogger, Cheryl Velasquez, recently awarded me the Liebster Blog Award. Cheryl and I “met” via the 12 x 12 in 2012 challenge and our über-supportive Facebook group. Check out her Book Nook blog when you get a chance, as she does a lot of great picture book reviews.
The intent of the Liebster award is to help drive traffic to blogs with fewer than 200 followers (yikes – that’s me!). As part of the award, I am supposed to share five things about me and pass the Liebster torch on to five worthy bloggers. So here it goes:
1) I used to teach yoga to seniors b.c. (before children). My oldest student was 92.
2) I wash and reuse Ziploc bags (most of them anyway). Frugal? Green? You decide.
3) I enjoy doing taxes and anything that requires an Excel spreadsheet or a checklist.
4) I know what Liebster means — beloved — because I lived in Germany for three years.
5) I don’t watch very much TV, but I am currently addicted to Masterpiece’s “Downton Abbey.”
In no particular order, I’d like to pass some Liebster love on to:
- Melissa Stewart (one of my all-time favorite science writers)
- Beth Stillborn (who seems to know everything)
- Jodi Sousek – A Passion for Writing (my critique buddy)
- Tom Hill Photography – (the best nature photographer ever!)
- Helga Pearson – Helga Harrumphs (because her drawings are lovely)
Go forth and spread the love!