TITLE: Llama, Llama Holiday Drama
AUTHOR/ILLUSTRATOR: Anna Dewdney
PUBLICATION INFO: Penguin’s Viking, 2010
SOURCE: Personal library
INTENDED AUDIENCE: ages 3+
GENRE: picture book (fiction)
OPENING and SYNOPSIS:
“Llama Llama holidays.
Jingle music. Lights ablaze.”
All the watching and waiting for ONE DAY, sends little Llama into a tantrum. Will Mama help Llama remember what the holiday season is all about?
THEMES/TOPICS: Christmas, holidays, family
WHY I LIKE THIS BOOK: This is hands-down one of my favorite Christmas books. I tend to get overloaded during the holiday season with baking, parties, Christmas pageants and shopping. Occasionally I find myself in a Llama-like tantrum. This book always reminds me to slow down and give my loved ones a snuggle.
- Why not bake some Christmas cookies with your little ones and share them with family and friends?
- Make some snowflakes and tape them on the window just like Llama Llama.
- Llama Llama makes a candle jar. Here are some great gifts you and your little ones can make out of jars.
- Anna Dewdney’s site has printables from the book.
- Take time out for a snuggle.
Every Friday bloggers review “Perfect Picture Books.” Find a complete list of book reviews organized by topic, genre and blogger at author Susanna Leonard Hill’s site.